|graphic design - illustration - comics - web development
1008 10th Avenue - Lewiston, ID 83501
208.717.7160 - firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a designer and illustrator who combines clean computer-aided design with loose, sketchy pen-and-ink illustrations. I specialize in creating commissioned artwork quickly and efficiently, drawing from a variety of visual and textual sources to build an effective design. My background in prose writing allows me to easily integrate visual and textual information into a unified end product.
- Hand-creating illustrations and drawings in a variety of media, including but not limited to pen and ink, colored pencil, pastels, charcoal, oil and acrylic paints.
- Proficient with the Adobe line of graphics creation and manipulation software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, and ImageReady; ready and able to transfer these skills to other graphics software.
- Proficient at prose writing and proofreading.
May 2005present; Freelance Designer
- Designed the menu system for a proposed DVD of the short film Flight of the Gossamer Condor.
- Developed a promotional website intended to sell a house in Wallace, Idaho.
- Designed a poster used as set dressing for a local production of Steel Magnolias.
- Designed digital slides used as set dressing for a local production of Gypsy!.
- In progress: Editing and proofreading a manuscript on the Corps of Discovery's interactions with the Indian tribes of the Inland and Pacific Northwest.
Triad News Publishing, Inc., Lewiston, ID; March 2004October 2006; Columnist
- Researched and wrote a weekly 300-word article, with accompanying illustration, on the subject of the Lewis and Clark expedition.
Triad News Publishing, Inc., Lewiston, ID; JuneAugust 2002; Summer Intern
- Produced more than 100 finished pen-and-ink illustrative drawings over a three-month period, averaging five to ten completed drawings per workday, for the book Mulligan Stew.
- Compiled and organized content for LC Today, a website intended to provide information on events and businesses in the Lewis-Clark valley.
Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston, ID; JuneAugust 2001, AprilAugust 1999; Lab Assistant
- Entered student profiles in a computerized database for archival purposes.
- Installed, configured, and supported software on Apple Macintosh computers.
- Took inventory of laboratory equipment.
- Performed miscellaneous tasks for LCSC staff members.
University of Idaho, Moscow, ID; BA in English / BFA in Studio Art, 2005
Awards / Recognition
- Lewiston Civic Theater stage crew:
- The Music Man, 2006
- Steel Magnolias, 2007
- Pippin, 2007
- Lewis-Clark State College Center for Arts and History, 20062007
- Culdesac School Reflections Program, 2005
- Culdesac Sausage Feed, 19941999, 20042005, 2009
- UI Kibbie Dome concessions, 20022004
- Moscow Community Garden, Spring 2001
- Children’s Studio Workshop (summer theater group), 19941999
- Outstanding Student Thesis Award, UI Department of Art and Design, 2005
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa since 2004
- Dean’s List:
- College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences, Fall 2003
- College of Art and Architecture, Spring 2001Fall 2002
- College of Letters and Sciences, Spring 2001Fall 2002
- Member of Eta Chi chapter of Sigma Tau Delta (English honor society) since 2002
- Presented papers at the 2003 and 2004 National Conferences
- Semifinalist, Undergraduate Juried Art Show, Ridenbaugh Gallery, January 2002
- William C. Banks Award (English merit award), Fall 2000Spring 2001
Philip A. Shinn - client / employer
Triad News Publishing
626 Thain Road
Lewiston, ID 83501
Joan P. Burrow, D.C. - Civic Theater volunteer
427 Park Avenue
Lewiston, ID 83501
Steve Evans - freelance client
268340 White Road
Lapwai, ID 83540